- To meet our customer’s statutory and regulatory requirements satisfactorily through efficient and effective management of our resources.
- To facilitate the College’s activities through the financing of other departments within the college to enable them to undertake their duties smoothly.
- General management of finance operations.
Relevance to our Clients
- Ensure adequate and timely provision of funds for the college operations.
- Works with management to prepare organization budgets and forecasts and report back on the progress against these throughout the year.
- it is key in preparing documents required for financing.
- Tracks all transactions and management of any government reporting.
Services offered at the Finance and Accounts department include:
Bookkeeping is the most basic financial activity at Bukura Agricultural College this includes tracking all of the transactions in the organization, covering both sales and expenses.
2. Financial Reporting and Control
At Bukura Agricultural College the Financial Reporting and Control is the function that takes raw accounting entries and transforms them into usable and comparable financial statements it involves everything from ruling on how to implement accounting principles to designing financial processes of the organization, selecting accounting systems, liaising with external auditors, and ensuring that there are no gaps or oversights in existing processes.
3. Tax and Compliance
At Bukura Agricultural College, the Tax and Compliance function makes sure all of the government forms and filings are sent complete and on time to the taxman. The department ensures the timely remittance of statutory deductions to KRA, NSSF, and NHIF, it also ensures that the College's Annual Accounts are submitted to the Auditor General on time.
4. Treasury & Working Capital Management
At Bukura Agricultural College Treasury and Working Capital Management ensures that the college does not run out of cash. This means, among other things, forecasting the upcoming working capital (receivables, payables and inventory) needs of the college.
At Bukura Agricultural College budgeting is the function responsible for selecting between the various uses of capital, and resources at the disposal of the college. A strong budgeting function will not only forecast project benefits but will also track these benefits over time to determine whether the use of capital was as effective as originally anticipated. Therefore the department ensures compliance with set budgetary levels enhancing financial discipline and prudence in the utilization of College Resources.
6. Assets Management
At Bukura Agricultural College the department manages College Assets and property to maximize taxpayers' value by maintaining and updating a catalogue of assets and property held by the College including their status in terms of working condition and also ensuring the biological assets are valued. It also identifies and recommends for disposal of all idle assets held by departments.