Director Academic Programs
The Academic Programmes division is composed of four departments Namely:
- Crop Sciences
- Animal Health
- Agricultural Education
- Community Development.
The College has fourteen diploma Programmes on offer under the four departments and one certificate Programme. The College is planning to introduce six more Programmes in the next financial year.
As an ISO-certified Institution whose vision is to be the centre of excellence in practical agricultural training, Bukura Agricultural College provides quality practical training to all our trainees who end up being highly competitive in the job market. We regularly review our programmes to ensure that we churn out the type of skills, Knowledge and attitudes required by the market. Thus as an institution, we have strong linkages with the agricultural sector players and this helps the Institution in identifying gaps in our training programmes and addressing them in good time.
The office of the Director of Academic Programmes has the following functions:
- Coordination of the development and implementation of Academic departmental work plans.
- Coordination of cyclic curriculum review/development by carrying out SWOT analysis of the existing programmes and Labour Market Needs Assessment to ensure the training programmes meet the requirements of the labour market and new programmes are developed as per the College procedure for curriculum review/development
- Coordination and supervision of the College on academic affairs by approving course allocations and monitoring classroom attendance by both staff and students
- Ensuring Academic departments operate effectively by planning, obtaining feedback from the customers and best practices
- Staff performance management
- Reviewing and approving the development of schedules for academic trips.
- Coordination of curriculum implementation by sensitizing staff on new/revised training programmes and training materials.
- Coordination of curriculum evaluation and
- Student Discipline
To fulfil its mandate the office of the Director of Academic Programmes works very closely with the Registrar of Academic and Students Affairs as well as the Director of Library, Research and Innovations.