ADMISSIONS AND STUDENT RECORDS DEPARTMENT
The Department is under the Academic and Students Affairs Division that facilitates the Admission of students and related activities.
More specifically, the Admissions and Students Records Department has the following functions:-
- Market the College programs;
- Inform the clients of the courses offered and specified entry requirements;
- Respond to clients' inquiries in relation to courses on offer by the College ;
- Guide applicants on the application process;
- Receive and keep a record of all applications and supportive documents received for various courses on offer;
- Capture applicants' data in the automated system;
- Issuance of admission letter and joining instructions;
- Coordinate the admission of all new students;
- Facilitate the registration of continuing student units in subsequent semesters.;
- Keep all students' records;
- Communicate College information to students;
- Update students' registration status and
- Compile students' admission reports.
The following are the Department's achievements:-
- Automation of the Admission functions which has made processes more effective and efficient compared to having them done manually
- Vast marketing platforms that include face-to-face, the college Bulk SMS, emails, Official Facebook page, Website, Mass Media and E-Citizen platform. With the onset of COVID-19, most face-to-face activities were minimized. The online platforms served as better alternatives to communicating College information effectively. The majority of our client base are youth who also tend to embrace social media, making them readily inquire about admission processes and requirements among other related information.
- Highest student enrolment ever in the 2022/23 Academic year despite the COVID-19 pandemic of 3,459 students.
- Introduction of admission champions per department that handle clients' inquiries at the departmental level before escalating them to the department.
The Department has 2 staff deployed to facilitate the College Admission activities.
In addition, the Department champions aid in student admission and related matters. They are:-
- Agricultural Education and Community Development - Ms.Annette Kisole
- Animal Health and Production - Dr. Roselyne Matete
- Crop Science - Mr. Ronald Kibet
- Biological, Physical and Applied Science -Ms. Jedidah Katua
SUMMARY OF COURSES OFFERED
The College currently offers 22 long courses and over 12 short tailor-made courses. Applicants are welcome to apply at the Admissions Office situated at the College premises or through the online platforms- The link (admissions.bukuracollege.ac.ke); official email platform firstname.lastname@example.org
Further admission inquiries can be sent to email@example.com