Director Production & Business development Division
The Core mandate of the division is to coordinate all Income income-generating activities (IGAs) in the College that are non-teaching with the sole purpose of generating and increasing income. This is a very new division in the College which is in its second year since it was established.
The objectives of the division are listed below;
- Coordinate the use of the College farm, Milk processing plant, Cafeteria, Tissue culture laboratory and College Hospitality facilities to generate revenue for the College.
- Initiate and coordinate the development and implementation of the College farm and Milk Processing plant business plans and work plans.
- Coordinate the operations of the College Health care facility to ensure quality services to students and staff.
- Plan and Oversee new marketing initiatives to sustain and expand the market for College farm and Milk processing plant products.
- Coordinate the implementation of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and other business re-engineering process initiatives in the College.
The Division comprises majorly of three departments for effective functioning namely
- Processing plant
- Commercial farm
- Hospitality, Health and Catering departments.
The departments offer various products to our clients like pasteurized milk, yoghurt, fermented milk (Mala), indigenous vegetables and other farm products. Clean tissue culture banana seedlings are also sold to the farmers. Bukura Agriculture Farm is one of the best in the region and attracts farmers and students from far away for learning purposes. The farm has some of the best equipment making it attractive for students from other institutions to seek attachment and internship placements. The farm began an in-calf heifer sale programme to promote dairy production for the locals and other interested farmers from surrounding counties.
The division has 18 permanent staff spread over the three departments.
So far the following achievements have been realized in the division
- Double the revenue from the processing plant to Kshs 8,494,325 from Kshs 3,905,815 in the previous year
- Entered into an agreement with three regional supermarkets; Mama Watoto, Maisha Mart and FrankMatt Supermarkets for the sale of milk products. The products are now in the shelves of two supermarkets
- Acquired accreditation and certification with KEBS for our products
- Started a cafeteria that provides services to our students, staff and even outsiders.
- Production and sale of hay to neighbouring counties.
- Sale of high-in-calf heifers